The mission of the Payroll department of BDO Tax & Accounting is to calculate the salaries based on instructions received from the clients while respecting the legal provisions.
The following table represents the main steps of the payroll administration services:
- Payroll calculation process and establishment of the pay slips
- Monthly variances controlling report
- Payroll data input - variable payroll elements
- Payroll disbursements
- Payroll Accounting entry report and general ledger
- Set up and maintenance of the employers'/employees' master records
- Affiliation of the employer to the Social Security Administration CCSS: operating declaration ("déclaration d'exploitation")
- Affiliation of the employees to the Social Security Administration CCSS: Employees' entry and exit declarations
- Management of the payroll calculation rules
- Salaries declarations to the Social Security Administration CCSS
- Declaration of sickness days and social security reimbursements to the employer
- Declarations of withholding wage tax
- Proposals for the payment of non-periodic remunerations (13th month and others) for staff members falling under the provisions of a collective employment agreement
- Issuing of individual salary account statements summarizing all the salary statements of the current year
- Issuing of the year end statements for the employees and electronic transmission to the local tax authorities
BDO Tax & Accounting considers that it is of significant importance to provide its clients with assurance of the controls in place.
The payroll process demonstrates the establishment of effectively designed and operating control objectives and control activities. Thus, this ISAE 3402 engagement allows BDO to have its internal control environment (including policies, procedures and controls) evaluated and tested by an independent auditor through regular audits.
Since 2012, those audits have been operated on a yearly basis.
This report is recognized all over the world as a quality label for service companies.